activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Remove the old ActiveMQ Console
Date Tue, 07 Jan 2014 22:14:17 GMT

On Jan 5, 2014, at 8:54 AM, Robert Davies <rajdavies@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Jeff,
>
> Perhaps the best way forward would be to have 2 distros of ActiveMQ  - one without the
console, and one with the old console - with clear warnings that it is not maintained etc.

Personally, I really like this option.    A “minimal” distribution and a “full” distro
would be great.   The full distro with web console and everything is certainly useful for
beginners to get started with ActiveMQ, but really anyone more advanced (or in production
and such) would likely just need the minimal as they could then use whatever management capabilities
they already have.    I’d certainly be in full support for this idea.

Dan