activemq-dev mailing list archives

From jgenender <jgenen...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Move the ActiveMQ web-console to a sub-project.
Date Fri, 31 Jan 2014 17:09:16 GMT
Now now...no need for ad hominem. ;-)  Pet the kitty a wee bit more and take
3 deep breaths. ;-)

I think there seems to be a major misunderstanding here, particularly on
your part.

No...Apache is not the center of the universe.  No Apache is not the best
place for all projects.  It has its warts and it has its downsides,
bureaucracy, rules and regulations, and that doesn't work for everyone.  Not
every project is a good fit for Apache.

To be very very clear, I never stated that you must/should bring your
hawt.io project into Apache.  I never told you how to run your project.
That project is yours and I have no basis, nor have I made comments on your
project, other than some compliments. i.e. hawt.io is a neat/interesting
technology, etc etc.

I *did* say that the pimping of that project at Apache in its current form
that clearly exposes a marketing angle for your host company was not fair to
the Apache communities, be it Camel, AMQ, Karaf, [put Apache project du jour
here].  I also said that it should be skinned at AMQ so that it fits in more
with a project's look and feel.  I also advocated that you guys may want to
provide skinning as it would likely increase your adoption and acceptance of
it in many projects, not just Apache.  Yeah, those were some big irritating
and offensive attacks!  Sorry about that James, sometimes I really need to
watch those nasty comments! ;-)

You made your anti-Apache sentiments abundantly clear.  That's fine.  But
then I have to ask you, why do you continue to develop here?  If I had to
develop in a locale that was misery to me, I'd fork the darned thing and be
done with it.  Nah... you don't have to answer that since my question is a
bit rhetorical as we already know the answer to that...

James Strachan-2 wrote