activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Davies <rajdav...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Move the ActiveMQ web-console to a sub-project.
Date Thu, 30 Jan 2014 20:40:44 GMT
Red Hat employees thousands of open source developers, who in turn develop on hundreds of projects.
Developers are encouraged to go and explore new stuff. New projects can form anywhere under
loose guidelines (e.g. GitHub, Eclipse, Apache, JBoss community are fine - its really is up
to that community). Red Hat is a pretty unique company, with a very unique open culture. They
have one rule for their products - they have to be completely open source. In that environment,
it would be surprising if developers weren’t encouraged to innovate new things.

On 30 Jan 2014, at 18:53, Hadrian Zbarcea <hzbarcea@gmail.com> wrote:

> Since you made this claim, can you please explain what the reasons are? Hopefully it
will clarify the misunderstanding. Personally I find it very hard to understand how a company
that invests in something would not care what the outcome is.

> Cheers,
> Hadrian
>

> On 01/30/2014 03:10 AM, Robert Davies wrote:
>> Where hawtio lives, what direction it takes is entirely down to the hawtio community
-  my employer - Red Hat really doesn’t care - hawtio isn’t at the ASF for other reasons.

>> [1] https://www.ohloh.net/p/activemq/contributors?query=&sort=commits

Rob Davies
————————
Red Hat, Inc