activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Davies <rajdav...@gmail.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] Remove the old ActiveMQ Console
Date Thu, 02 Jan 2014 09:59:50 GMT
The old/original console is no longer fit for purpose, it is hard to maintain, the source of
a lot of security issues [1] over the last few years.

There is another thread about using hawtio as the console going forward, and without going
into all the gory details it is probably likely that there may be no web console shipped at
all in future releases of ActiveMQ. The JMX naming hierarchy was improved for ActiveMQ 5.8,
such that its easy to view the running status of an ActiveMQ broker from 3rd party tools such
as jconsole, visualvm or hawtio. Regardless of the outcome of the other discussion [2] - It
doesn’t help the ActiveMQ project to try and maintain a static web console any more.

I propose we remove the old web console from the ActiveMQ 5.10 release - thoughts ?

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQ-2714?jql=project%20%3D%20AMQ%20AND%20text%20~%20%22XSS%22
[2] http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/Default-Web-Console-td4675705.html

Rob Davies
————————