activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Gomes <jgo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Is it all right to reduce the timeout as a walkaround for AMQNET-338?
Date Thu, 05 Dec 2013 03:03:09 GMT
The 30 second time-out was meant to give the reader thread a reasonable
time to finish what it is doing and shut itself down gracefully. Once it
times out, then it is forcefully shutdown as  a last resort. Normally, the
graceful shutdown should occur very rapidly. If you are just letting the
garbage collector clean things up on program termination, then your app
probably isn't doing any meaningful work so it should be fine to
 forcefully shut it down after a shorter timeout.