activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Hadrian Zbarcea <hzbar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Default Web Console
Date Mon, 23 Dec 2013 03:14:01 GMT
While I agree that the console was never an architectural necessity, the
reality is that it's very much in use today by pretty much every
ActiveMQ user I know.

This thread was meant for a different purpose, I don't think it should
be hijacked by a different discussion. If somebody feels strongly about
removing the original console, I think that conversation should take
place in a separate [discuss] thread, a deprecation time should be
provided and an alternative (if any) presented.

My $0.02,
Hadrian

On 12/19/2013 02:52 PM, Robert Davies wrote:
> Agree - the console functionality has never been an architectural necessity, if it was
the original console would have been maintained or re-written long, long ago

> On 19 Dec 2013, at 19:13, Dejan Bosanac <dejan@nighttale.net> wrote:
>
>> I'm also for removing the old web console no matter what people decide
>> about hawtio. There's a lot of tools out there that can be used to monitor
>> the broker, which are far better than this old web console. The web console
>> is pain to maintain in its current state and virtually impossible to
>> refactor (without complete rewrite) to support new features.
>>
>> Regards
>> --
>> Dejan Bosanac
>> ----------------------
>> Red Hat, Inc.
>> FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
>> dbosanac@redhat.com
>> Twitter: @dejanb
>> Blog: http://sensatic.net
>> ActiveMQ in Action: http://www.manning.com/snyder/
>>

>> On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 7:45 PM, Chris Mattmann <mattmann@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Robert,
>>>
>>> That would be a fine decision by me, and then if at some point
>>> the Apache ActiveMQ PMC desired to make a console that they wanted
>>> to maintain (or some subset of the PMC/committers wanted to maintain)
>>> and keep up with Apache branding/etc., that could be done later and
>>> when there is time.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Chris

I'm