activemq-dev mailing list archives

From jephperro <>
Subject Illegal Host Name; Problem starting up activemq 5.9.0
Date Thu, 14 Nov 2013 22:00:21 GMT
Hi I'm trying to upgrade our ActiveMQ 5.4 instance to version 5.9.

But right out of the box, I've hit a problem.  The linux server ApacheMQ is
running on has a name with an underscore in it, and that's preventing MQ
from starting.

2013-11-14 13:53:24,689 | INFO  | Connector mqtt started | | main
2013-11-14 13:53:24,786 | ERROR | Failed to start Apache ActiveMQ
([localhost,], Illegal character in hostname at index 8:
| | main

Is there somewhere I can set the name of the server ?  The server does have
other aliases that I could use instead if I knew where to set it.