activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject [DISCUCSS] - Apache Camel 5.9 release
Date Wed, 02 Oct 2013 08:58:23 GMT
Hi

We are closing down on a new Apache ActiveMQ 5.9.0 release.

In the JIRA tracker we have 19 open tickets against this release
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20AMQ%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%20%225.9.0%22%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Unresolved

I just wanted to get a thread started on @dev so we could get focused
on resolving the remainder issues and get the code into shape for a
release in not so far distant.

There is possible some things to discuss/consider

- Is the new leveldb stable and good as default replacement for
kahadb. I am just asking because I got the impression that would be
the intention to have leveldb replace kahadb in the future
- Can we use hawtio 1.2M release or should we ask them to cut a 1.2 GA release
- any pending documentation missing?
- could anyone write up a summary of the new and noteworthy of this
release. At Camel we write this during development, but at AMQ it
seems like a last minute thing, and that possible let us forget some
cool stuff. Maybe we should get on the habit and do like Camel and
work on a release notes page during development
- Any other stuff ?

--
Claus Ibsen