activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUCSS] - Apache Camel 5.9 release
Date Sat, 05 Oct 2013 12:57:47 GMT
Hi

I managed to patch the insight-log4j so it no longer does a System.out
when starting ActiveMQ broker in standalone mode.

So the new hawtio web console now has the log plugin enabled so people
can see the server logs from the web browser.

I also upgraded to latest hawtio release which removes the Create Fabric button.

And for the upcoming M21 release Stan Lewis fixed the log plugin to
show stacktraces again.

And there is this issue which needs fixing too
https://github.com/hawtio/hawtio/issues/617

Though the hawtio team is fast at cutting a new release when we need
it, for the AMQ 5.9 release.

On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 10:58 AM, Claus Ibsen <claus.ibsen@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> We are closing down on a new Apache ActiveMQ 5.9.0 release.
>
> In the JIRA tracker we have 19 open tickets against this release
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20AMQ%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%20%225.9.0%22%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Unresolved
>
> I just wanted to get a thread started on @dev so we could get focused
> on resolving the remainder issues and get the code into shape for a
> release in not so far distant.
>
> There is possible some things to discuss/consider
>
> - Is the new leveldb stable and good as default replacement for
> kahadb. I am just asking because I got the impression that would be
> the intention to have leveldb replace kahadb in the future
> - Can we use hawtio 1.2M release or should we ask them to cut a 1.2 GA release
> - any pending documentation missing?
> - could anyone write up a summary of the new and noteworthy of this
> release. At Camel we write this during development, but at AMQ it
> seems like a last minute thing, and that possible let us forget some
> cool stuff. Maybe we should get on the habit and do like Camel and
> work on a release notes page during development
> - Any other stuff ?
>

> --
> Claus Ibsen
> -----------------