activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.9.0 - RC2
Date Tue, 15 Oct 2013 15:28:47 GMT
Hi

Gave the RC a test spin on Karaf 2.3.3 and it could install fine etc.

But there was one problem with the old out of the box web console. You
cannot send a message to a queue.

I can't remember but there is likely some config file you can setup
username and password, eg usually karaf/karaf, so the web console can
use that for the JMS connection.

I installed hawtio 1.2-M23 on top of karaf 2.3.3, and it worked fine,
when i setup karaf/karaf as the user and password in the settings of
hawtio.

On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 5:05 PM, Claus Ibsen <claus.ibsen@gmail.com> wrote:
> Tested with latest Apache Camel source code in camel-jms.
> Tested standalone and the examples works out of the box now.
>
> Just noticed a little flaw in hawtio queue filter, I logged
> https://github.com/hawtio/hawtio/issues/645
>
> And now I just noticed a NPE with the chat demo I assume. Logged a ticket
>
> Other than that the release looks good so far.
>
> +1
>

> On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 1:52 AM, Gary Tully <gary.tully@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I've cut a second release candidate for the 5.9.0 release.
>> This release has 251 bug fixes and improvements.
>>
>> It also contains a couple of new features which are summarized here:
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ACTIVEMQ/New+Features+in+5.9
>>
>> Could you review the artifacts and vote?
>>
>> The list of resolved issues is:
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311210&version=12323932
>>
>> You can get binary distributions here:
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-171/org/apache/activemq/apache-activemq/5.9.0/
>>
>> Source archives are here:
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-171/org/apache/activemq/activemq-parent/5.9.0
>>
>> Maven2 repository is at:
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-171/
>>
>> Source tag:
>> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=activemq.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/activemq-5.9.0
>>

>> Please vote to approve this release
>>
>> [ ] +1 Release the binary as Apache ActiveMQ 5.9.0
>> [ ] -1 Veto the release (provide specific comments)
>>
>> Here's my +1
>>
>> --
>> http://redhat.com
>> http://blog.garytully.com