activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUCSS] - Apache Camel 5.9 release
Date Thu, 03 Oct 2013 09:10:28 GMT
Hi

Yeah apologies for having Camel in the thread of this post. I guess
environmental hazard.

We got a bunch of the easy tickets resolved / moved to next release so
we are down to 4 unresolved now:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20AMQ%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%20%225.9.0%22%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Unresolved

I got in touch with hawtio team and they can cut a new 1.2M release
quickly when we are more ready to cut our RC.

And Jean's patch is still to be looked at. Need to get in touch with
Hiram about the leveldb jndi native vs java library. We could maybe
rely on the java library in this release?

Also there is some more notes to add to the readme for the web-console
which I will do. To make notes about the security and how you can
change the credentials.

Also if anyone got an idea how we can on starting AMQ log at INFO
level a link to the homepage of the web console, eg
http://localhost:8161

eg we could hardcode the link, but people could change the port from
8161 to something different. So would be nice if we could grab the
port number and log the correct link.

This will allow new users to AMQ to spot this and see we have a UI for
AMQ. As many dont know about that when they get into AMQ.

On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 10:58 AM, Claus Ibsen <claus.ibsen@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> We are closing down on a new Apache ActiveMQ 5.9.0 release.
>
> In the JIRA tracker we have 19 open tickets against this release
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20AMQ%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%20%225.9.0%22%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Unresolved
>
> I just wanted to get a thread started on @dev so we could get focused
> on resolving the remainder issues and get the code into shape for a
> release in not so far distant.
>
> There is possible some things to discuss/consider
>
> - Is the new leveldb stable and good as default replacement for
> kahadb. I am just asking because I got the impression that would be
> the intention to have leveldb replace kahadb in the future
> - Can we use hawtio 1.2M release or should we ask them to cut a 1.2 GA release
> - any pending documentation missing?
> - could anyone write up a summary of the new and noteworthy of this
> release. At Camel we write this during development, but at AMQ it
> seems like a last minute thing, and that possible let us forget some
> cool stuff. Maybe we should get on the habit and do like Camel and
> work on a release notes page during development
> - Any other stuff ?
>

> --
> Claus Ibsen
> -----------------