activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject [PROPOSAL] Cleanup on HA website pages
Date Thu, 03 Oct 2013 12:22:07 GMT
Hi all,

following Claus' e-mail from yesterday, I started a serie of tests with
ActiveMQ 5.9-SNAPSHOT. For each test, I'm reviewing the documentation
associated to the components/features used in the test.

I'm now testing the HA, especially with a Master-Slave configuration.

Reviewing the website pages, I saw two pages that I think should be updated:

1/ http://activemq.apache.org/kahadb-master-slave.html
This page starts with "This is under review - and not currently
supported". It's a bit confusing for the users as this approach is the
prefered one for Master-Slave configuration ;)
I would like to remove the note. More over, this page doesn't provide a
very simple configuration, with just two brokers sharing the same KahaDB
directory (using NFS, SAN, NAS, or whatever).
For instance, this page could present something like:

Broker1:
<kahadb directory="/path/to/kahadb/store"/>

Broker2:
<kahadb directory="/path/to/kahadb/store"/>

WDYT ?

2/ http://activemq.apache.org/shared-file-system-master-slave.html
This page is not complete (the "exemple" boxes are empty) and a bit
deprecated.
I would like to set the "shared-file-system-master-slave" as deprecated
and promote KahaDB as prefered solution. This page could be merged and
adapted to be included in the KahaDB one.

WDYT ?

Thanks
Regards
JB