activemq-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Wieslaw Dudek (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (AMQ-4533) Messages stuck in queue with redelivered=true
Date Mon, 23 Sep 2013 10:30:08 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQ-4533?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=13774441#comment-13774441
] 

Wieslaw Dudek commented on AMQ-4533:
------------------------------------

I used the last test case from: https://fusesource.com/issues/browse/ENTMQ-409
and tested it on my laptop.
Results: Tests run: 20 Failed: 8

I attached logs from the failed tests:
LOGS_FAILED_5.9.0.redhat-610-SNAPSHOT.zip

I have also checked it on very slow Solaris system where I was not able to get the test case
passed even once/see attached logs/.

After changing only the options to have abortConnection="true" ignoreIdleConsumers="false"
I managed to pass the test case on the Solaris environment and got better results on the laptop
with Windows OS: Tests run: 20 Failed 2

So I was able to get the test case failed even with abortConnection="true" ignoreIdleConsumers="false"
but it behaved much better with these options.

For testing I used the oryginal TC and 5.9.0.redhat-610-SNAPSHOT from:

http://repo.fusesource.com/nexus/content/repositories/snapshots/

As for activemq-all we had only those:
5.9-fuse-SNAPSHOT/  Thu Jun 27 11:57:53 UTC 2013        
5.9.0.redhat-610-SNAPSHOT/  Sat Sep 21 00:34:04 UTC 2013  

                
> Messages stuck in queue with redelivered=true
> ---------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: AMQ-4533
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQ-4533
>             Project: ActiveMQ
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: JMS client
>    Affects Versions: 5.7.0
>         Environment: Fuse Message Broker 5.7.0
>            Reporter: Jason Shepherd
>            Assignee: Timothy Bish
>             Fix For: 5.9.0
>
>         Attachments: AMQ4533_logs.ZIP, AMQ4533Test.java, AMQ4533-test.patch, AMQ4533-Test.patch,
AMQ4533-Test.patch, AMQ4533-Test.patch, AMQ4533-Test.patch, AMQ4533-Test.patch, AMQ4533TestPatch.txt,
AMQ4533TestPatch.txt, AMQ4533TestPatch.txt, AMQFreezeFailingTest.zip, AMQFreeze_logs.zip,
AMQFreezeTest-5.8.0.fuse-72-SNAPSHOT-log.zip, AMQFreezeTest-5.9.0.redhat-610084-log.zip, AMQFreezeTest.patch,
AMQFreezeTest.zip, AMQFreezeTest.zip, kahaPendingMessages.zip
>
>
> We're  getting message stuck in queues with the 
> redelivery flag set to true.
> We used the following test model: put every 1 second 50 messages sequentially, and after
that, the rest of 1000 msgs quickly to INPUT_QUEUE and 
> while starting 25 listeners cosuming from INPUT_QUEUE, which takes about 30 seconds to
move the message to RECEIPT_QUEUE, 10 other listeners on RECEIPT_QUEUE consume and counts
them.
> We tried making one of the consumer slow by setting the 
> processing time to 100000 seconds (sleep) and putting a heavy load in 
> 500 threads every 1 ms to some other queues the same time.
> Our test case is attached, you might need to install some dependencies 
> to the local maven repository manually:
>      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.activemq 
> -DartifactId=activemq-core -Dversion=5.7.0-fuse-71-047 -Dpackaging=jar 
> -Dfile=activemq-core-5.7.0.fuse-71-047.jar
>      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.kahadb 
> -DartifactId=kahadb -Dversion=5.7.0-fuse-71-047 -Dpackaging=jar 
> -Dfile=kahadb-5.7.0.fuse-71-047.jar
>      mvn install:install-file 
> -DgroupId=org.apache.geronimo.management.specs 
> -DartifactId=geronimo-j2ee-management_1.1_spec -Dversion=1.0.1 
> -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=geronimo-j2ee-management_1.1_spec-1.0.1.jar
>      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.activemq.pool 
> -DartifactId=activemq-pool -Dversion=5.7.0-fuse-71-047 -Dpackaging=jar 
> -Dfile=activemq-pool-5.7.0.fuse-71-047.jar
> To run the test, simply use the Maven test target:
>     mvn clean test
> If the problem occurs the you'll get a message like this in the test 
> results, (target/surefire-reports):
>     java.lang.AssertionError: Still messages in InputQueue expected:<0> 
> but was:<365>

--
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
If you think it was sent incorrectly, please contact your JIRA administrators
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira

Mime
View raw message