activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Timothy Bish <tabish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Memory leak in activemq-cpp (activemq-cpp-library-3.7.1)
Date Mon, 09 Sep 2013 16:00:38 GMT
On 09/09/2013 11:56 AM, sparso wrote:
> I'm also seeing this problem. I changed the "example" to send 2,000,000
> messages and added a usleep to the producer, and it leaks memory in version
> 3.7.1 and 3.8.0. Version 3.4.4 does not.
>
> I will attempt to debug the problem (but I'm not familiar with the activemq
> code). It does appear to be just the consumer that is leaking memory.
>

> --

Are you sure its a memory leak, or is it just working as it should.
Depends somewhat on how you are using the client, if you are using
failover then there is a chance its just the Message Audit and
Connection State Tracker growing as the consumer is running tracking
messages to filter duplicates etc.  You should try changing connection
parameters to narrow it down, otherwise who knows where to start looking.

1. try with and without failover
2. when using failover try turning off message audit.

--
Tim Bish
Sr Software Engineer | RedHat Inc.