activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AMQ-4694: add support for flock-based shared lock file
Date Wed, 28 Aug 2013 05:47:16 GMT
Yay this is great.

On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 4:37 PM, Harris, Carl <ceharris@vt.edu> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I just opened AMQ-4694 that contains a patch to add optional support for native flock
(2) shared lock files.  This will allow the use of Shared File System Master/Slave on any
OCFS2 file system that supports cluster-aware locks.

> The implementation utilizes native calls to the underlying standard C library, using
JNA to avoid any of the build complications that would result from direct use of JNI.

> The patch can be applied cleanly to the current trunk or tags/activemq-5.8.0.
>
> I applied the patch to a copy of the 5.8.0 source and am now running my broker instances
using shared filesystem master/slave on my OCFS2-based cluster.

--
Claus Ibsen