activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "Harris, Carl" <cehar...@vt.edu>
Subject AMQ-4694: add support for flock-based shared lock file
Date Tue, 27 Aug 2013 14:37:06 GMT
Greetings,

I just opened AMQ-4694 that contains a patch to add optional support for native flock (2)
shared lock files.  This will allow the use of Shared File System Master/Slave on any OCFS2
file system that supports cluster-aware locks.

The implementation utilizes native calls to the underlying standard C library, using JNA to
avoid any of the build complications that would result from direct use of JNI.

The patch can be applied cleanly to the current trunk or tags/activemq-5.8.0.

I applied the patch to a copy of the 5.8.0 source and am now running my broker instances using
shared filesystem master/slave on my OCFS2-based cluster.

Comments, feedback, criticism welcome.

carl