activemq-dev mailing list archives

From neilcwilkinson <neilcwilkin...@hotmail.com>
Subject jmsSelector issue when querying for double/float values
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2013 18:57:47 GMT
I have an interesting issue with the jmsSelector:

if I enter messages in a queue where I set a 'Val' property to 1.1300, the
following selector works for both a consumer or queue browser:
                    String jmsSelector = "Val > 1.1200";

If however I set the value in code (i.e. in a loop) e.g.

                    double val = 1.1190;

                    // Create a messages
                    for (int i = 0; i < 1000; i++) {
                    String text = "Hello world! From: " +
Thread.currentThread().getName() + " : " +
this.hashCode();
                    TextMessage message = session.createTextMessage(text);

                    val += 0.0001;

                    message.setDoubleProperty("Val", val);

                    // Tell the producer to send the message
                    //System.out.println("Sent message: " +
message.hashCode() + " : " + Thread.currentThread().getName());
                    producer.send(message);
                }

I get no results when using the previously mentioned jmsSelector. Anyone
have any ideas?

Thanks,

Neil.