activemq-dev mailing list archives

From mikehzt <michael.ta...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Building Activemq on Mac
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2013 00:59:34 GMT
Thanks Tim, I proceeded with the build using the command "mvn clean install
-Dmaven.test.skip=true" and the environment variable "MAVEN_OPTS=-Xmx512M"
set. ActiveMQ built successfully, at least according to the maven output,
however there were warnings in the build log and one error. The
documentation on the ActiveMQ site indicates when you build you should go
into the [activemq-install-dir] and enter bin/activemq to run. After my
build, I had no [activemq-install-dir]. I do have an build.log
<http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/file/n4669693/build.log>
[activemq-install-dir]/assembly/src/realease/bin directory and
[activemq-install-dir]/assembly/src/release/(linux-x86-32/linux-x86-64/macosx)/bin
directories which each have an activemq file in them which are script files.
Running any of these does not bring up ActiveMQ. FYI, I did download a
binary distribution which runs just fine and does have the activemq script
in the top level bin directory. When I try running the bin/activemq file I
get the following error:
ERROR: /Users/mhtbk/ASF/actmq...../assembly/src/release/bin/activemq.jar
does not exist

I uploaded my build.log file which contains an example of each warning I
received, the error I received and the successful build message I received
after building.

Can you offer any help?

Thanks much
Mike