activemq-dev mailing list archives

From jersey355 <jersey...@ymail.com>
Subject How do you configure anonymous access for REST API?
Date Tue, 23 Jul 2013 15:17:31 GMT
Hi -

Newbie here working on a POC for work.  My only goal at this point is very
simply.  Open up the REST API on activemq to allow a voice web application
to post log messages to a queue.  A separate consumer app will pick up the
messages via a MessageListener.

I don't want to get bogged down with security right now... just want to get
this up and running but my voice app keeps getting a 401 response from AMQ.

I tried adding the simpleAuthenticationPlugin as described on the AMQ
security page, but that didn't work.  Probably because of the jetty.xml
import which I see has a bunch of pre-configured security settings in there
(which I am not familiar with).

Anyway, I would like to know what is the simplest and quickest way to
configure anonymous (or basic auth) for AMQ's REST API with or without
jetty?

Thank you