activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Les Hazlewood <...@stormpath.com>
Subject Apache Shiro integration status
Date Mon, 03 Jun 2013 18:11:32 GMT
I made quite a bit of progress over the weekend.  Here is the result
of the latest effort:

https://github.com/lhazlewood/activemq/tree/trunk/activemq-shiro

Change log is here:

https://github.com/lhazlewood/activemq/commit/be2100ea2c5a421cd21a4c3ae158c65e6e14490f

It works as follows:

The ShiroPlugin installs 2 BrokerFilters at the moment:

- A SubjectFilter which is responsible for constructing and
associating a Subject instance with Connections.  Downstream filters
perform actual security checks.
- An AuthenticationFilter (downstream from the SubjectFilter) that
enforces client authentication as necessary.  It supports system and
anonymous connections as well if desired.

I still have to create an AuthorizationFilter (that would be
downstream from the AuthenticationFilter) that would allow access
control checks (can you subscribe to a destination or not, etc).

All of this code is tested with 100% class, method and line coverage.

Comments, suggestions and feedback are most welcome.

Cheers,

--
Les Hazlewood | @lhazlewood
CTO, Stormpath | http://stormpath.com | @goStormpath | 888.391.5282