activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Combine windows and unix distros
Date Wed, 17 Apr 2013 13:10:08 GMT
so then -1

Ok so if we go with the 1 zip solution then Windows user cant use Notepad
to edit config files and Unix users will need to chmod a+x their bin
scripts.  Sound like loss of ease of use to both types of users.

We already went through the trouble of setting up the 2 distros to give the
end user a better experience.  I'd rather not dumb it down at the expense
of the end user experience.

On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 4:28 PM, Jon Anstey <janstey@gmail.com> wrote:

> Nothing really wrong with having 2 different distros. It's just simpler IMO
> to have one set of files to manage and get right, rather than testing 2
> different sets of files.
>
> Full disclosure: I'm making this change as part of JBoss Fuse
> http://fusesource.com/issues/browse/ENTMQ-262 so its not really a
> requirement here at Apache. Just would make my life easier :-)
>
> Cheers,
> Jon
>

> On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 4:13 PM, Hiram Chirino <hiram@hiramchirino.com
> >wrote:
>
> > I guess I just don't understand what's wrong with having 2 different
> > distros.
> >

> > On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 3:40 PM, Jon Anstey <janstey@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Jim,
> > >
> > > Yeah, its does add stuff to each distribution but its a really small
> > > difference. Less than 1MB in either case IIRC. Guess we don't HAVE to
> > make
> > > this change, but I'm still for it :-) Anyone else have a preference
> > either
> > > way?
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > > Jon