activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Genender <jgenen...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [REPORT] Apache ActiveMQ - April 2013
Date Wed, 10 Apr 2013 16:23:45 GMT
Hi Hiram,

I can help answer the trademark issue.

You aren't supposed to use ® unless the trademark is officially registered with the USPTO.
 According the the USPTO, it was owned by LogicBlaze, but the trademark was never renewed
and its considered "Dead", which means its up for grabs.  If you want to get it officially
registered, you may reclaim it and its a 10 week to 6 month process.  The cost is about $300
if you do it pro-se, but you need to have your ducks in a row if you do it without a lawyer.
 You can use ™ since it means its an unregistered trademark and Apache certainly owns it
via common law.

IANAL (obviously), but I went through some of this last year in securing a trademark for my
company.  It ended up costing me about $350.00 pro-se (had to pay $50 fee because I missed
a thing or two from a legal perspective and had to refile).

Jeff

On Apr 10, 2013, at 9:48 AM, Hiram Chirino <hiram@hiramchirino.com> wrote:

> TLP Description:
>
> Apache ActiveMQ is a popular and powerful open source messaging server. Apache ActiveMQ
is fast, supports many Cross Language Clients and Protocols, comes with easy to use Enterprise
Integration Patterns and many advanced features while fully supporting JMS 1.1 and J2EE 1.4.