activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Gomes <e.se...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Combine windows and unix distros
Date Fri, 29 Mar 2013 20:37:18 GMT
Hi Jon,

That's true.  I don't use Wordpad, but it is an option.

However, I'm still leaning against this change for other reasons.  I like
having leaner distributions.  By combining everything, the Windows
distribution will now grow to include the 32-bit and 64-bit Linux, plus the
MacOS files.  Likewise, the Linux distribution will get the Windows and
MacOS files.  From a packaging perspective, I get what's being recommended.
 It's much simpler.  However, from a deployment perspective, it's
introducing cruft.  I'm not sure the trade-off is worth it.

Full disclosure: I maintain a custom WiX installation script for my company
that repackages the ZIP file into a Windows MSI, so this change would not
really have a direct impact on me.  I cherry pick out the files (and add in
some more) that we want to install.

Best,
Jim