activemq-dev mailing list archives

From yogu13 <yogesh....@synechron.com>
Subject New RestAPI Feature Request for ActiveMQ
Date Mon, 25 Mar 2013 12:28:03 GMT
Hi,

I recently stumbled upon an exception which many have got when they tried to
send data greater than 64K using the TextMessage API .. below is the
exception snippet for the same:-

Caused by: java.io.UTFDataFormatException: encoded string too long: 185503
bytes
        at java.io.DataOutputStream.writeUTF(DataOutputStream.java:364)
        at java.io.DataOutputStream.writeUTF(DataOutputStream.java:323)
        at
org.apache.activemq.util.MarshallingSupport.marshalPrimitiveMap(MarshallingSupport.java:62)

To overcome this i was wondering if a toggle switch can be given to the user
to switch over to BytesMessage if he is posting information more than 64K,
this switch can be controlled by a parameter for eg: adding a parameter like
msgType for which values could be text (default) or bytes, thus the end url
would look like

http://localhost:8161/api/message/test?type=queue&clientId=consumerA&msgType=bytes

Let me know your initial thoughts on this and if we are fine with the
approach i could raise a JIRA and help develop this as well

Please reply :)

Regards,
-Yogesh