activemq-dev mailing list archives

From vivekg <mails2vi...@gmail.com>
Subject Tomcat ActivemMQ Reconnect issue.
Date Fri, 22 Mar 2013 07:53:02 GMT
Hi,

We are using using Log4J (JMSAppender) + ActiveMQ for consolidating logs
from different server instances.

ActiveMQ listens on port 61616 for incoming log descriptions from various
clients. Logs from two instances are put into ActiveMQ queue . I have added
JMS appender to log4j properties files of client components.

Everything is working fine. The only problem is if ActiveMQ server goes
down, the client disconnects and even if ActiveMQ  server comes up again
within some time, the client never connects again and sends any further
logs. (*getting javax.jms.IllegalStateException: The Session is closed*).

Is there any way where log4j.appender property can be set on jms appenders
where whenever the server is up again, it reconnects and starts sending
messages again without doing a restart to client and establish connection
again.

I tried *failover Transport* . But found that my Tomcat server is not
starting , whenever i use "failover" word in my log4j.properties.

Please help..

Thanks & Regards,
Vivek