activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "matevz.tadel" <matevz.ta...@cern.ch>
Subject Re: [amq-cpp] cms::ExceptionListener::onException() and what one can do there
Date Sun, 10 Mar 2013 19:17:40 GMT
I will definitely try 3.6.0 as soon as I get to it.

Yes, we use stomp, this is configured at the receiving side at CERN as many
(most, I think) message producers use python. I tried using failover with
stomp (with 3.4.4, I think) and it didn't end well, I got ulimit # of
threads on first error and got accused of ddosing the servers ... then I
also found a note about this on the web :)

I more or less implemented all the logick for failover, including
exponential cool off in retry times + configurable-length buffer for
messages that can not be sent. I will fix the onException() according to
your advice (close instead of delete the connection).

I'll come back if I encounter the error again after I put in these changes.