activemq-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Scott Weaver (JIRA)" <>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (AMQCPP-451) The number of CMS threads increases when we restart the message broker repeatedly
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2013 22:28:13 GMT


Scott Weaver commented on AMQCPP-451:

We see the same thing. We are getting "ActiveMQ Connection Executor: " named threads created
in the suspended state which never get started. They live on after shutdownLibrary(). We get
a single stray thread almost every time the broker is brought down and then back up again.
I can eventually provide test code but would like to know which VS environment would be best
for expediting? We are monitoring resources using procexp in a Windows environment and notice
handle resources increasing too but assume for now this is just the thread owned resources
that will be released when the thread is destroyed correctly.
> The number of CMS threads increases when we restart the message broker repeatedly 
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>                 Key: AMQCPP-451
>                 URL:
>             Project: ActiveMQ C++ Client
>          Issue Type: Bug
>    Affects Versions: 3.5.0
>         Environment: Windows xp service pack 3, ActiveMQ broker 5.3.1, apr 1.4.2, apr-util
1.3.9, apr iconv 1.2.1
>            Reporter: Helen Huang
>            Assignee: Timothy Bish
>            Priority: Critical
>             Fix For: 3.5.0
>         Attachments: CrashHang_Report__CMHMultiTestWithCom.exe__02012013222736766.mht
> The number of CMS threads increases when we restart the message broker repeatedly. We
have ten senders and ten receivers in out test. Every sender sends out 10-20 messages every
second. We restart the broker every 1 minute. The number of threads in CMS grew from about
50 to 600 after about 15 hours of testing. The attached dump was created after we ran two
hours of test. From the dump we find a large number of threads are stuck at the following
> Function   Source 
> ntdll!KiFastSystemCallRet    
> ntdll!ZwWaitForSingleObject+c    
> kernel32!WaitForSingleObjectEx+a8    
> kernel32!WaitForSingleObject+12    
> activemq_cppud!decaf::internal::util::concurrent::PlatformThread::interruptibleWaitOnCondition+25
> activemq_cppud!`anonymous namespace'::threadEntryMethod+9b    
> msvcr80d!_callthreadstartex+51    
> msvcr80d!_threadstartex+87    
> kernel32!BaseThreadStart+37 

This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
If you think it was sent incorrectly, please contact your JIRA administrators
For more information on JIRA, see:

View raw message