activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>
Subject Re: Modularizing the activemq-core module
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2012 13:55:38 GMT
Ok.. so far I've refactored out the following modules from activemq-core:

 * activemq-client : The the bits needed to use a JMS client
 * activemq-broker: The main broker implementation without plugins like
mqtt, stomp and message stores.

activemq-core is now just holding the plugins and the tests.  The plugins
will soon be split out into their own modules.
As for the tests, I'd like to propose that we restrict tests added/moved to
the new modules to tests which:

 1) Can run in parallel (i.e. won't conflict with each other) via the JUnit
parallel test runner
 2) Don't have any waits (i.e. they execute quickly)

What do you guys think?

On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 12:12 AM, Claus Ibsen <claus.ibsen@gmail.com> wrote:

> +1
>
> Looking at the commit logs, it looks like "a bit" is a bit of an
> understatement.
> But awesome that you got started on this.
>
> I guess we can also get started on the reduction off Spring dependency
> in the core.
> When your work has settled down a bit.
>

> On Tue, Nov 6, 2012 at 11:38 PM, Hiram Chirino <hiram@hiramchirino.com>
> wrote:
> > If your watching the commits mailing list, you might notice me moving
> > source files a bit.  I'm trying to modularize the activemq-core module in
> > an attempt to simplify it a bit.  The main thing I'm going to try to do
> is
> > move the store impls into separate maven modules.
> >
> > --
> >
> > **
> >
> > *Hiram Chirino*
> >
> > *Engineering | Red Hat, Inc.*