activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: InactivityMonitor - Creating too frequent threads
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2012 13:20:26 GMT
Hi Andy

Yeah sure create a JIRA ticket.

When I looked into this initially I didn't want to "change" default
and cause any side-effects.
As I am still new in some areas of ActiveMQ source code.

I think I have seen others have a + 1.5 x as their thread timeout
default value for scheduled tasks.
So if the task runs for 30 sec, then it has a timeout of + 45 sec = 75 sec.

Allowing people to configure this would at least allow people to go
back to the old behavior
in case for som "odd" reason that worked better.

Another reason why I would like to avoid this thread creation /
termination all the time.
Is that I have seen platforms crash the JVM due OOME when
allocating/creating the thread.

Anyway a JIRA and pactches is of course as usually always welcome at
ASF projects.