activemq-dev mailing list archives

From AndyG <andy.gumbre...@orprovision.com>
Subject Re: InactivityMonitor - Creating too frequent threads
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2012 10:02:48 GMT
I agree. I am using ActiveMQ within OpenEJB and under our normal load I have
about 140 threads alive. Just about the only thread deaths I have are the
'ActiveMQ InactivityMonitor Worker' and 'ActiveMQ BrokerService[name]
Task-[count].

I tend to wait for a stable snapshot and then change the pool value to 2
minutes in the AbstractInactivityMonitor.java (default 10 seconds) and
TaskRunnerFactory.java (default 30 seconds) and so far I have not seen the
thread count creep up due to the fact that the pools are unbounded.

It would make life easier if these values were a configuration option or at
least taken from a System property.

Maybe a JIRA is in order?

Andy.