activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Massimo Paladin <>
Subject ActiveMQ's JMX connector: firewall + credential protection
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2012 14:33:43 GMT

in our deployed brokers we have the requirement of using
the local firewall and protect the JMX connector.

By default this is not possible in ActiveMQ as I understand, you can get
- password protection: specifying custom java properties and disabling the
activemq's connector)
- firewall support: using "managementContext" property "rmiServerPort"
As reference I looked at:

Since a long time, in our brokers, we bypassed the problem instantiating
our own JMX connector using a javaagent:

Wouldn't it be nice to add the support for credential protection directly
to the "managementContext"'s options?
Would it be possible? Is there anything preventing it?

Massimo Paladin