activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>
Subject [REPORT] Apache ActiveMQ - October 2012
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2012 14:20:56 GMT
TLP Description:

Apache ActiveMQ is a popular and powerful open source messaging server.
Apache ActiveMQ is fast, supports many Cross Language Clients and
Protocols, comes with easy to use Enterprise Integration Patterns and many
advanced features while fully supporting JMS 1.1 and J2EE 1.4.

Community:
 * The development and user lists continue to stay active.
 * Christian Posta was voted in to be an ActiveMQ committer

Development:
 * It was a busy quarter in which we released ActiveMQ 5.7.0 along with a
native client releas and an Apollo releases.
 * ActiveMQ 5.8 has just started development and is working towards
implmenting AMQP 1.0 using the proton library from the Apache Qpid project.
 * ActiveMQ-CPP 3.5.0 is in testing now and should be completed before
years end.

Trademark / Branding Status:

 * The activemq.org and activemq.com TLD's are owned by other entities
 * Need to investiate if we should be using (R) instead of (TM) for the
ActiveMQ mark
 * Sub-projects need to be reviewed to make sure they are also compliant
 * Documentation and readme files will also be reviewed for compliance

Releases:

* Apache ActiveMQ 5.7.0
* Apache.NMS.Stomp 1.5.3
* Apache Apollo 1.4