activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.7.0
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2012 07:21:42 GMT
I tested it with the Camel trunk code, as well with the camel in
action source code.
I gave the kit a test, as well trying out the web console + web demos etc.
I gave the examples a go. Some of the script files didnt have execute
permission out of the box.

Unfortunately there is a problem with the Apache Karaf features file.

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-071/org/apache/activemq/activemq-karaf/5.7.0/activemq-karaf-5.7.0-features.xml

It has a token replaced ${activemq-version} which hasn't been replaced.
I think we did a commit recently removing that as a property. Maybe it
should be ${project.version} instead?

We do this with Camel
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/camel/trunk/platforms/karaf/features/src/main/resources/features.xml

So you wont be able to install AMQ 5.7 as a feature in Karaf.
I am not sure about SMX as they may assembly their own feature file.

btw this is how it looks in Apache Karaf 2.2.9
uninstalled] [2.2.9              ] jasypt-encryption
karaf-2.2.9                  Advanced encryption support for Karaf
security
[uninstalled] [${activemq-version}] activemq
activemq-${activemq-version}
[uninstalled] [${activemq-version}] activemq-spring
activemq-${activemq-version}
[uninstalled] [${activemq-version}] activemq-blueprint
activemq-${activemq-version}
[uninstalled] [${activemq-version}] activemq-optional
activemq-${activemq-version}
[uninstalled] [${activemq-version}] activemq-camel
activemq-${activemq-version}
[uninstalled] [${activemq-version}] activemq-web-console
activemq-${activemq-version}
[uninstalled] [${activemq-version}] activemq-extra
activemq-${activemq-version}

On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 3:52 PM, Dejan Bosanac <dejan@nighttale.net> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've just cut a release candidate for the 5.7.0 release. This is
> mostly maintenance release with nearly 200 bug fixes and improvements.
>
> It also contains a couple of new features which are summarized here:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ACTIVEMQ/New+Features+in+5.7
>
> Could you review the artifacts and vote?
>
> The list of resolved issues is here
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=project+%3D+AMQ+AND+fixVersion+%3D+%225.7.0%22+AND+status+%3D+Resolved+ORDER+BY+priority+DESC&mode=hide
>
> A bit better (release note) view:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311210&version=12321258
>
> You can get binary distributions here:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-071//org/apache/activemq/apache-activemq/5.7.0/
>
> Source archives are here:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-071//org/apache/activemq/activemq-parent/5.7.0/
>
> Maven2 repository is at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-071/
>
> Source SVN tag:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq/tags/activemq-5.7.0/
>
> Please vote to approve this release
>
> [ ] +1 Release the binary as Apache ActiveMQ 5.7.0
>
> Here's my +1
>
> Regards
> --
> Dejan Bosanac