activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.7.0
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2012 07:21:42 GMT
I tested it with the Camel trunk code, as well with the camel in
action source code.
I gave the kit a test, as well trying out the web console + web demos etc.
I gave the examples a go. Some of the script files didnt have execute
permission out of the box.

Unfortunately there is a problem with the Apache Karaf features file.

It has a token replaced ${activemq-version} which hasn't been replaced.
I think we did a commit recently removing that as a property. Maybe it
should be ${project.version} instead?

We do this with Camel

So you wont be able to install AMQ 5.7 as a feature in Karaf.
I am not sure about SMX as they may assembly their own feature file.

btw this is how it looks in Apache Karaf 2.2.9
uninstalled] [2.2.9              ] jasypt-encryption
karaf-2.2.9                  Advanced encryption support for Karaf
[uninstalled] [${activemq-version}] activemq
[uninstalled] [${activemq-version}] activemq-spring
[uninstalled] [${activemq-version}] activemq-blueprint
[uninstalled] [${activemq-version}] activemq-optional
[uninstalled] [${activemq-version}] activemq-camel
[uninstalled] [${activemq-version}] activemq-web-console
[uninstalled] [${activemq-version}] activemq-extra

On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 3:52 PM, Dejan Bosanac <> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I've just cut a release candidate for the 5.7.0 release. This is
> mostly maintenance release with nearly 200 bug fixes and improvements.
> It also contains a couple of new features which are summarized here:
> Could you review the artifacts and vote?
> The list of resolved issues is here
> A bit better (release note) view:
> You can get binary distributions here:
> Source archives are here:
> Maven2 repository is at:
> Source SVN tag:
> Please vote to approve this release
> [ ] +1 Release the binary as Apache ActiveMQ 5.7.0
> Here's my +1
> Regards
> --
> Dejan Bosanac