activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Steffen Plotner <swplot...@amherst.edu>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] - ActiveMQ 5.7 release
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2012 14:38:13 GMT
Hi Massimo,

Thank you for going after this problem as I was not in the position of producing a java test
case in a timely fashion.

Steffen

Steffen Plotner                            Amherst College            Tel (413) 542-2348
Systems/Network Administrator/Programmer   PO BOX 5000                Fax (413) 542-2626
Systems & Networking                       Amherst, MA 01002-5000     swplotner@amherst.edu

From: Massimo Paladin [mailto:Massimo.Paladin@cern.ch]
Sent: Monday, October 08, 2012 5:39 AM
To: Steffen Plotner
Cc: dev@activemq.apache.org
Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] - ActiveMQ 5.7 release

Hi Steffen,

I have reproduced the problem, I opened a bug in Jira:

Cheers,
---
Massimo Paladin

On Sat, Sep 29, 2012 at 5:26 AM, swplotner <swplotner@amherst.edu<mailto:swplotner@amherst.edu>>
wrote:
Hi,

This might be a bit late. I have found an issue with the current
5.7-SNAPSHOT having to do specifically with STOMP+SSL+16KB messages.

Let's say a stomp client submits an 8KB messages to a queue. Another stomp
client subscribed to that queue receives the message just fine (tcp and
SSL). Change the size to 20KB and you will see that the stomp client can
easily submit messages >16KB, however the client subscribed to the queue is
in trouble. The client only receives about the first 16KB chunk (smells like
an SSL chunking problem):

# Net::STOMP::Client->subscribe()
#  encoded SUBSCRIBE frame
#   H ack:client
#   H destination:/queue/foo.amherst.md5
#   H id:14cbbbb0-506108a5-12f8-5b6d-1
#   sent 91 bytes
#   received 1 bytes
#   received 757 bytes
#   received 1 bytes
#   received 16102 bytes

I have worked with Lionel and the Net::STOMP::Client library and he help me
with the debug flags so that we can see the above problem:

$Net::STOMP::Client::Debug::Flags = 16;

and if I switch to non-SSL it works all fine. This problem did not exist in
5.6 release.

Steffen