activemq-dev mailing list archives

From kururuKT <kt2...@gmail.com>
Subject Cross-compile ActiveMQ-CPP client fro ARM-Linux platform
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2012 20:19:50 GMT
I'm trying to port ActiveMQ-cpp client to an ARM platform
(Beaglebone/BeagleBoard) - since I'm doing my development on my PC, I'll
need to cross-compile the ActiveMQ-cpp library in order for it to run on the
ARM systems.

I follow through the steps in their building instruction, except I compile
the APR and the APR-util library using the following:

For APR:
./configure --prefix=/usr/arm-linux-gnueabi/apr --host=arm-linux-gnueabi
CC="arm-linux-gnueabi-gcc" CXX="arm-linux-gnueabi-g++" I run make install
and things are fine.

For APR-util:
./configure --prefix=/usr/arm-linux-gnueabi/apr-util
--host=arm-linux-gnueabi -with-apr=/usr/arm-linux-gnueabi/apr
CC="arm-linux-gnueabi-gcc" CXX="arm-linux-gnueabi-g++"

I run make install and got this:
/home/peter/apache/Apache_apr/apr-util-1.5.1/xml/expat/.libs/libexpat.so:
could not read symbols: File in wrong format

After some search, I 'think' the issue is with libexpat being the in the
wrong format (compiled for i386?)

My question is: How to I properly compile ActiveMQ-cpp library for a
ARM-platform? Is there some way I can fix the libexpat.so? or skip Apr-util?
or some option in the ./configure for Apr-util?

Thank you for your help!