activemq-dev mailing list archives

From swplotner <swplot...@amherst.edu>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] - ActiveMQ 5.7 release
Date Sat, 29 Sep 2012 03:26:15 GMT
Hi,

This might be a bit late. I have found an issue with the current
5.7-SNAPSHOT having to do specifically with STOMP+SSL+16KB messages.

Let's say a stomp client submits an 8KB messages to a queue. Another stomp
client subscribed to that queue receives the message just fine (tcp and
SSL). Change the size to 20KB and you will see that the stomp client can
easily submit messages >16KB, however the client subscribed to the queue is
in trouble. The client only receives about the first 16KB chunk (smells like
an SSL chunking problem):

# Net::STOMP::Client->subscribe()
#  encoded SUBSCRIBE frame
#   H ack:client
#   H destination:/queue/foo.amherst.md5
#   H id:14cbbbb0-506108a5-12f8-5b6d-1
#   sent 91 bytes
#   received 1 bytes
#   received 757 bytes
#   received 1 bytes
#   received 16102 bytes

I have worked with Lionel and the Net::STOMP::Client library and he help me
with the debug flags so that we can see the above problem:

$Net::STOMP::Client::Debug::Flags = 16;

and if I switch to non-SSL it works all fine. This problem did not exist in
5.6 release.

Steffen