activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Dejan Bosanac <>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] - Remove old cruft in activemq-optional and other places if exists
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2012 12:07:38 GMT

There's quite some things that are not being maintained for a while
now. I'll all for removing that stuff out of a main distro and keep
only things that are used and actively maintained.

Some of obsolete stuff I can get from the top of my head:

- old stores: journaledJDBC, kaha and maybe even amq store
- unsused transports like xstream
- unused features like xmpp, message transformers

Dejan Bosanac
Senior Software Engineer | FuseSource Corp. |
skype: dejan.bosanac | twitter: @dejanb
ActiveMQ in Action:

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 1:49 PM, Claus Ibsen <> wrote:
> Hi
> I have not dived deep into this yet. But just going over some
> dependency JAR upgrades in ActiveMQ trunk, shows that we have a number
> of very old JARs that is being dragged in. Most noticeable from the
> activemq-optional project. Such as xmlbeans, axis 1.4, and some other
> old stuff.
> I just want to open up a talk whether we should consider @deprecating
> some of that old stuff from activemq-optional (and possible in other
> components where they may be). And then move that to a
> activemq-legacy, and then keep that around for a period of time. And
> then announce on the AMQ site that this and that is deprecated and
> will not be supported any longer, and removed from a future release.
> Also we could consider splitting activemq-optional into minor maven
> modules. So as an end user you dont drag in all kind of other stuff
> you dont need.
> Anyway that is another talk.
> First is to identify the old cruft we want to mark as @deprecated and
> move away to a legacy module. And then later drop totally.
> Any thoughts?
> --
> Claus Ibsen
> FuseSource