activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] - ActiveMQ 5.7 release
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2012 09:40:42 GMT
Hi

I think it would be good if we could work towards an Apache ActiveMQ
5.7.0 release in the near term.

This release is important due
- Java7 is supported
- Fixed memory leaks in activemq-pool
- Possible much improved acitvemq-pool (based on Tims work)
- Fixed thread/classloading leaks on re-deployment of JMS client /
Broker on containers such as Apache Tomcat
- Some Maven JAR dependencies that was not needed is marked optional
(good for Maven users)
- And all the other great stuff in there
- This release is needed by Apache ServiceMix 4.5 (Java 7 support)

The JIRA roadmap have 16 tickets to be resolved
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=project+%3D+AMQ+AND+fixVersion+%3D+%225.7.0%22+AND+resolution+%3D+Unresolved

I have setup a Java7 build on Apache CI
https://builds.apache.org/job/ActiveMQ%20Java%207/

I would also like to look at updating JAR dependencies. I think
currently there is some older JARs in there.
IMHO it would be better to align the JAR versions with SMX / Camel
that people often use together with ActiveMQ.

Any thoughts?

--
Claus Ibsen