activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] - ActiveMQ 5.7 release
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2012 11:06:27 GMT
On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 9:42 AM, Claus Ibsen <claus.ibsen@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> So in recent time I have been polishing the AMQ trunk codebase to
> prepare it for the 5.7 release.
>
> I went as far to run test suites on Windows with Java 7 :)
> There were one tests which failed all the time, but the other tests
> can pass as well.
>
> I have also tested with Java7 on my osx, and the Apache CI servers
> have jobs for testing with Java7 as well. I think they run on ubuntu.
> Anyway I think we are shaping up really well.
>
> Anyone got anything they would like to get address before we start
> considering cutting a RC ?
>
> I got some tests which identified some leaks in the activemq-pool,
> which I would like to polish up and bring into the codebase.
> As they require a separate broker to run, we could possible have it to
> be run manually. But then ppl can run it from time to time, to avoid
> regressions or introducing new leaks. The test is from a JMS client
> point of view using Camel.

I ran the test that identified the leaks in the activemq-pool, and
this time it passed
with flying colors.

The rate of throughput in messaging was constant, as well the memory
usage was at a minimum.
And when all the messages was done, the GC could claim back to 4mb
usage of heap size.

The test ran for only 10 minutes, and did 50 x 20 req/reply messaging
with AMQ using Camel over TCP.
Last time with the leaks after 3 minutes or less it will start to
cause memory issues and slow down.

I have attached a screenshot.

> --
> Claus Ibsen