activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] - Remove old cruft in activemq-optional and other places if exists
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2012 11:49:41 GMT
Hi

I have not dived deep into this yet. But just going over some
dependency JAR upgrades in ActiveMQ trunk, shows that we have a number
of very old JARs that is being dragged in. Most noticeable from the
activemq-optional project. Such as xmlbeans, axis 1.4, and some other
old stuff.

I just want to open up a talk whether we should consider @deprecating
some of that old stuff from activemq-optional (and possible in other
components where they may be). And then move that to a
activemq-legacy, and then keep that around for a period of time. And
then announce on the AMQ site that this and that is deprecated and
will not be supported any longer, and removed from a future release.

Also we could consider splitting activemq-optional into minor maven
modules. So as an end user you dont drag in all kind of other stuff
you dont need.
Anyway that is another talk.

First is to identify the old cruft we want to mark as @deprecated and
move away to a legacy module. And then later drop totally.

Any thoughts?

--
Claus Ibsen