activemq-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Robin Kåveland Hansen (JIRA) <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Updated] (AMQ-3966) Messages get stuck in queue
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2012 10:52:19 GMT

     [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQ-3966?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
]

Robin Kåveland Hansen updated AMQ-3966:
---------------------------------------

    Attachment: brokerlog.zip

This is the brokers log with level="DEBUG" for 10:57 to 11:13 today. We managed to reproduce
the bug in error.queue at approximately 11:12 when we moved 29 messages from the queue foo.bar
to error.queue. At the time, error.queue had 2 messages. These are still reachable. The other
29 are in the database, but not reachable. Neither foo.bar or error.queue has consumers, both
are viewed only through the use of QueueViewMBeans.
                
> Messages get stuck in queue
> ---------------------------
>
>                 Key: AMQ-3966
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQ-3966
>             Project: ActiveMQ
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: Broker
>    Affects Versions: 5.5.0, 5.5.1, 5.6.0
>         Environment: java version "1.6.0_32"
> Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_32-b05)
> Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.7-b02, mixed mode)
> Linux ****** 2.6.18-308.4.1.el5 #1 SMP Tue Apr 17 17:08:00 EDT 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64
GNU/Linux
> CentOS release 5.8 (Final)
> Kernel \r on an \m
>            Reporter: Robin Kåveland Hansen
>            Priority: Critical
>         Attachments: brokerlog.zip
>
>
> The broker is using the jdbc-persistence-adapter and persists to an oracle database.
We have so far been unable to reproduce this issue reliably, but it appears both in our testing
and production environments with some regularity. 
> The issue we are having is superficially very similar to [this description|http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/Messages-stuck-in-queue-td3244342.html].
Retrieving the queue message count with jmx or inspecting the activemq database with a {code}SELECT
COUNT(*) FROM ACTIVEMQ_MSGS WHERE CONTAINER LIKE '%DeadLetterQueue%'{code} results in a number
that is larger than the amount of messages which can actually be retrieved using a QueueBrowser
or a QueueViewMBean. This difference grows over time, as no messages that are sent to the
queue after this problem occurs are retrievable. We have also observed this problem happening
on queues with normal JMS consumers, where the queue will grow without the consumer receiving
any messages.
> A broker restart can sometimes resolve this issue. Our current workaround is to use a
program that fetches the rows for the queue from the database, unmarshals them and sends them
to a temporary queue. The queue with the stuck messages does not work (does not deliver any
messages to consumers or browsers) until after it has been purged. 

--
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
If you think it was sent incorrectly, please contact your JIRA administrators: https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ContactAdministrators!default.jspa
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira

       

Mime
View raw message