activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>
Subject Moving slow tests into a build profile.
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2012 02:57:59 GMT
Hi folks,

I don't know about you guys but I'd rather have the default developer build
finish in some sort of reasonable time.
I took the build output of one of CI builds and figured out how much time
is spent on running the tests.  It came out to 8.03 hours.  Then sorted all
the tests and tried to figure out how many tests I would need to disable to
spend at most 30 min.  These are my results:

If you sort by total test time, then you only have to disable 263 of the
test classes and it ends up running 1824 test methods.  If you sort by
'test time/test methods' then you have to disable 402 test classes but it
ends up running 3026 test methods out of a total of 4777 methods.

I would like to move the 'slow' tests off to it's own builds profile.  The
question is which tests do I pick to disable. Should I disable the 263 or
the 402.  I'm leaning towards the 402 since you end up running more test
methods.

Once we do have the slow list checked into a pom, perhaps folks can try to
optimize those test so that we can bring them back to the standard build.
 WDYT?

--

**

*Hiram Chirino*