activemq-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Pedro de Lara (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (AMQ-3942) Certain messages do not expire in the embedded broker
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2012 09:30:35 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQ-3942?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=13422115#comment-13422115
] 

Pedro de Lara commented on AMQ-3942:
------------------------------------

I have now tested against 5.7-SNAPSHOT and still have the same issue. It took a little more
effort on the snapshot (For some reason the JMX interface only binds itself to localhost on
5.7 so I had to tunnel) but once I got it running the issue was still there.
I am attaching my activemq.xml file in here which is the only file I have done changes on
from the default installation.

Here's what I get out of the Unit Test

_emphasis_ Sleeping 60 seconds to allow for expiration task to expire all messages
_emphasis_ Queue size is 278
_emphasis_ DLQ queue size is 22
                
> Certain messages do not expire in the embedded broker
> -----------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: AMQ-3942
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQ-3942
>             Project: ActiveMQ
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: Broker
>    Affects Versions: 5.4.3, 5.6.0
>         Environment: Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.1 (Santiago)
>            Reporter: Pedro de Lara
>              Labels: expiration, timetolive, ttl
>         Attachments: ExpirationTest.java
>
>
> When sending messages to a queue and waiting for the expiration task to expire them,
only some of the expired messages are moved to the DLQ. Other expired messages (With same
expiration time as the ones moved to the DLQ) just sit in the queue, stuck until all messages
in the queue expire, at which point they are all moved to the DLQ.
> This seems to happen only in the embedded broker (configured in activemq.xml) and only
for some messages (It seems the size of the message however I am uncertain if the content
could actually cause such an issue).
> A Unit Test is provided that shows the issue. The unit test includes a boolean that can
be changed to run it towards a created broker (instead of the embedded one) for comparison
purposes.

--
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
If you think it was sent incorrectly, please contact your JIRA administrators: https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ContactAdministrators!default.jspa
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira

        

Mime
View raw message