activemq-dev mailing list archives

From rwolson <richard.ols...@comcast.net>
Subject Questions re: VirtualTopics
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2012 17:31:08 GMT
Good afternoon,

I’m attempting to use ActiveMQ 5.6.0 VirtualTopics for the first time.
Also,  I’m somewhat a newbie to ActiveMQ and JMS.

I created a class based upon an shown in ActiveMQ in Action,  page 285.
The code follows for reference:
public void sendAndConsumeVirtualTopic() throws JMSException {
		String brokerURI = ActiveMQConnectionFactory.DEFAULT_BROKER_URL;

		ConnectionFactory connectionFactory = new
ActiveMQConnectionFactory(brokerURI);
		Connection consumerConnection = connectionFactory.createConnection();
		consumerConnection.start();

		Session consumerSessionA =
consumerConnection.createSession(false,Session.AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE);
		Queue consumerAQueue =
consumerSessionA.createQueue("Consumer.A.VirtualTopic.orders");
		MessageConsumer consumerA =
consumerSessionA.createConsumer(consumerAQueue);
		MessageListener listener = null;
		consumerA.setMessageListener(listener);

		//setup the sender
		Connection senderConnection = connectionFactory.createConnection();
		senderConnection.start();
		Session senerSession = senderConnection.createSession(false,
Session.AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE);
		Topic ordersDestination =
senerSession.createTopic(ExamplePublishAndSubscribe.TOPIC1);
		MessageProducer producer = senerSession.createProducer(ordersDestination);

		String[] arry = {"Alpha", "Bravo", "Charlie", "Delta", "Echo", "Foxtrot",
"Golf", "Hotel", "India", "Juliett", "Kilo", "Lima", "Mike", "November",
"Oscar", "Papa", "Quebec", "Romeo", "Sierra", "Tango", "Uniform", "Victor",
"Whiskey", "Xray", "Yankee", "Zulu"};
		int index = 0;
		while(index < arry.length) {
			TextMessage message = senerSession.createTextMessage("Here is a message
[" + msgCount + "] " + arry[msgCount].toString() + " at: " + new Date());
			producer.send(message);
		}

		consumerConnection.close();
		bStopped = true;
	}	// end method

I’m successfully sending messages to Topics and the method creates a queue.
However,  I don’t see any messages in the queue.  Also,  the code example
references a getMessageListener(),  but since it’s not included within the
book’s source code,  I suspect maybe I’m incorrectly initializing the
MessageListener.  So,  how do I setup the MessageListener?

I included the following entries within the activemq.xml and know they’re
read because I initially generated an error.
<destinationInterceptors>
		   <virtualDestinationInterceptor>
				<virtualDestinations>

				   <virtualTopic name="orders"
							prefix="VirtualTopic.*." />
				</virtualDestinations>
			</virtualDestinationInterceptor>
	    </destinationInterceptors>

Do I need to define the queue within the destinationInterceptors?

So,  the questions just in case they’re hard to find:
-	*how do I setup the MessageListener?*
-	*Do I need to define the queue within the destinationInterceptors?*

Thanks,
Rich