activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Lionel Cons <lionel.c...@cern.ch>
Subject Re: Apollo & Plugins & Configuration
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2012 06:11:26 GMT
Hiram Chirino:
 > I think that 'xs:any' causes the parser to  not report errors for XML
 > elements that are NOT in apollo's XML namespace.  And yes you would added
 > your own elements with a custom 'xmlns' to have those elements validated
 > against a different .xsd.  The tricky part is going to be getting Apollo to
 > associate your custom namespace to a where the .xsd file is which validates
 > it.  We may need to provide a way for plugins to register those
 > associations so that the XML parser can be setup with a proper resolver for
 > those xsd files.

I'm not familiar with the way Apollo plugins interact with apollo.xml.

I have the feeling that we would need the following:
 1. define which parts of apollo.xml can be extended by plugins
 2. allow a given plugin to register the namespace it is using
 3. define namespace to XSD file/url mappings (inside plugin? outside?)
 4. assemble all this so that apollo.xml can be fully validated
 5. make sure all this works with multiple plugins loaded at the same time

Maybe 1 and 3 should be discussed here?

Once the picture is clear, we can log this in JIRA...

Cheers,

Lionel