activemq-dev mailing list archives

From qbeardn <qbea...@gmail.com>
Subject AbstractQueuedSynchronizer.cpp bug/typo
Date Sat, 17 Mar 2012 19:33:03 GMT
Hi-

testing the ActiveMQ CPP trunk in the hope of resolving failover
difficulties, I spotted something in the source code.

In
    decaf/util/concurrent/locks/AbstractQueuedSynchronizer.cpp
lines 752 and 1056 are both statements
    long now = System::nanoTime();
while System::nanoTime() returns a long long.

I.e., it tosses the top 32 bits (on my platform).  Subsequently there is a
subtraction of now from lastTime which really is a long long and so the
first time those statements are executed (now - lastTime) is a very large
negative number.

bob