activemq-dev mailing list archives

From mserrano <mar...@attivio.com>
Subject are session.commit() and consumer.receive allowed simultaneously in separate threads?
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2012 17:55:53 GMT
>From the reading I have done on this list and the documentation, I have come
to the conclusion that if I:

* Need to call session.commit() or message.acknowledge() in one thread
* And need to called consumer.receiveNoWait() in another thread (consumer
was created from the session).

That I need to guard the session against multithreaded access.  So I am
currently doing:

and

Is the synchronization on the consumer actually required?  I would prefer to
call one of the consumer blocking calls rather than receiveNoWait(), but
cannot allow the session synchronization to be held that long.