activemq-dev mailing list archives

From io42 <ingrid.ol...@desknetinc.com>
Subject Using the PooledConnectionFactory programatically (no Spring implementation)
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2012 18:21:46 GMT
I'm trying to use the PooledConnectionFactoray to create a single connection
programatically that can be reused at various places in my application.
http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/How-do-I-use-the-PooledConnectionFactory-tp2536577p2536874.html
This comment  says that wrapping a PooledConnectionFactory in a singleton
will defeat the purpose of using the PooledConnectionFactory, but I'm
uncertain as to why this is true.  Won't instantiating multiple
PooledConnectionFactory objects result in more than one Connection being
created? What am I missing?