activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "Hubert, Eric" <Eric.Hub...@jestadigital.com>
Subject RE: Implementation of message redelivery delay
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2011 11:25:50 GMT
Hi Claus,

thanks for your response. Please find my answers and follow-up questions inline!

> Which type of Spring MessageListenerContainer are you using? default or
> simple.
DefaultMessageListenerContainer

> And what version of Spring are you using?
2.5.6

Both are part of a product we are using and not under our control, but we could certainly
try to influence this, if there is a good reason.

> And what cache level have you configured?
We experimented with multiple values. In most configurations redelivery stopped to then to
work completely. We also used multiple different connection factories including Spring's CachingConnectionFactory.

> You need CACHE_CONSUMER to keep re-using the same consumer.
This is the point of my question. Does this make sense to cache (not pool) consumers? Isn't
this rather an anti pattern?
I don't understand why the implementation is forcing the use of the same instance of the consumer.
I would be very happy if I would understand this.
It does neither sound logical nor correct to me.

So to me there are two ways:
1) trying to fix the symptoms of the problem and looking for a way that always the same consumer
is used.
2) look for ways to change ActiveMQs redelivery implementation to make it consumer neutral

Did someone ever think about option 2? Is this not feasible for some reason? Is there some
positive aspect regarding the current implementation?

Many thanks,
   Eric