activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Hiram Chirino <>
Subject Pulling the 5.5.0 release from the ASF servers.
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2011 14:52:47 GMT
It's been brought to our attention that the ActiveMQ 5.5.0 release
included a LGPL dependency.

While for most this might not be a big deal since some folks don't
consider the LGPL to be viral, ASF policy is that we should not
redistribute it.  It falls under the 'Category X: Excluded Licenses'

So I'm going to pull the 5.5.0 release from the ASF server.  Apologies
if this causes any inconveniences.  We should try to put out a 5.6.0
or a 5.5.1 release ASAP with this issue resolved.

View raw message